12.14.2008

Shrimp and chocolate!!!

Good morning!

Sorry for the late post, I didn't get home until super late (about 12:45 a.m.!!) I was so tired I put away the groceries and got ready for bed, and passed out finally around 2:00 (soo soo late, since I'm trying to get to bed early now a days). I've been having trouble sleeping during the week, usually falling asleep around 1/2a.m. and then having to be up around 5:30/6 for work. I've been late for the last 2 weeks for work (usually about 30 minutes or so) and no they haven't said much to me yet, but thank god it Snowed because I just blame it on the cold and slow moving traffic.
Anyways, last night my sister and I did not make it to the movie, she got off of work super late and I was tired, and at my moms. She came by, but by the time both of us got moving it was about 11:30 p.m. and I still had to run to get some groceries (we were running low on a couple things) You could make a pb and j without the bread. or have left over brown rice from what i didn't finish with baby carrots... I mean you can only half of something....because you didn't have the rest to complete the meal. So I bought:


I forgot to photograph 2 things and that's 36-40 count of cooked cocktail shrimp (which cost me 6.99....damn cravings!!!) and 3 sweet potatoes, but you'll see those later during the week when I'm preparing my lunches and dinners.

While getting ready to go to my mom's I had a small apple to snack on around 7:15 and 2 crackers (sorry no picture).

When I got to my mom's, I made dinner for myself (since we didn't have anything for dinner) and had veggie shrimp stir fry. I would've made some for others, however, everyone was running around because my mom had a reservation for a big going away party, so they were busy.
The stir fry consisted of
1/4 c. onions(sliced)
1/2 c. zucchini and squash mix
1/3 c eggplant
1 c. broccoli
12 medium shrimp
1 tsp of soy sauce
2 tsp of teriyaki glaze
1/8 c. chicken broth (homemade)

I sauteed the vegetables first with some chicken broth and soy sauce. I let them cook for a little bit (about 3 minutes) and then added the shrimp and finally the teriyaki glaze. I let that sit on low heat for about 5-8 minutes and finally served on the plate with some red cabbage. It was delish, and very filling!!!


Those of you know me though, after I eat something salty I need a little something to satisfy my sweet tooth, so I found a tiny ittle piece of chocolate (wrapped in a little gift wrapper, totally cute, totally surprise chocolate.) It was a small Reese's PB gift chocolate (sorry no picture, I devoured it too fast) and with it I had a cup of coffee with 1/4 c. 2% milk and 1 splenda.

About an hour later I got hungry something sweet again, and by this time I was upstairs (at my mom's) watching House and Law and Order:SVU, I went to take a peek in her fridge for some kind of fruit, or something to steer me away from the chocolate, however I opened one drawer and there it was calling my name!!! I had a tiny little piece (I'll take a picture next time I get to my moms of exactly what I had) of nut/raisins chocolate (it's from Aldi! always the best chocolate there).
I got hungry around the time I was heading over to Meijer for groceries, but it was late and I did hold myself back from eating.... because I knew I would regret it later, even though my mom offered me a giant frosting filled cake, that looked oh so yummy... but too late for it. If they left some over from the party, maybe I'll have a little piece of it today, and I'll take a picture.

Alrighty, I'm going to upload photo's and then post my breakfast, and the photo's from yesterday's dinner. :-)

No comments: