1.27.2009

the extra push...

Sorry for the late post of Dinner, but I got wrapped up in things and before you know it I had to head to bed.
Last night I went straight to the gym after work, even though all I really wanted to do was go home cry and sleep... don't ask why, because I couldn't tell you myself, I was just sooo down all of a sudden the last hour at work and honestly had no strength to go to the gym and deal with more people, but something kept my car driving towards the gym. When I got to the gym I was a little excited because it wasn't as packed as it normally is on a Monday night. IT's funny how everyone goes to the gym right after work, especially on a Monday, to workoff the weekend bites. Anyways I changed quickly and headed to do a speed interval warm up; it consists of:
1 min. speed walking (at 4.0 mph)
2 min. jogging at 6.5
2 min. running at 7.0
1 min. jogging at 6.5
2 min. running at 7.0
1 min. jogging at 6.5
1 min. running at 7.0
2 min. running at 7.5
1 min. speed walking (at 4.3 mph)
1.5 min. at 7.5 mph
0.5 min. at 8 mph

it was a great feeling to feel that burn again and the sweat! :-)
I did a couple varieties (about 3) of abs. 3 sets of 25, and 3 sets of 50 sit ups. In between the sit ups I did 3 sets of 15 reg. push-ups
I proceeded upstairs where I did shoulders, 3 sets of 16 at 30 lbs., back 3 sets of 25 at 30 lbs., leg extensions 3 sets of 20 on 30 lbs; leg curls 3 sets of 20 on 45 lbs. I am trying to keep light on my legs because I am trying to get them smaller, instead of putting on more muscle than I already have. I also did 3 sets of 20 squats with 60 lbs., 3 sets of 16 step ups (4 steps...pretty high and hard), and in between each set of step ups I did a set of 15 dips. A total of 1 hour and 15 minutes at the gym... and I was definitely happy to leave. I honestly didn't know what I was going to do....no plan going in, so I just did a littl ebit of everything.

On my way home I had a protein shake, which consists of 1 scoop of vanilla Isopure and 12 oz. of water. As soon as I got home I had a clementine, and a salad that I had originally made for lunch. I just added some feta, garbanzo beans, red kidney beans and some noodles (maybe about 7 ). I had 1.5 tbsp of Olive Oil Vinaigrette Light with it. For dessert I had Hibiscus Tea with 1 splenda and the other half of my Luna tea Cakes ..YUMM-O! :-)

I hope you all had a wonderful Monday, and hopefully it's a good start for a good week to come!

No comments: